Saturday, October 25, 2014

India is Everywhere!

I had never thought much about India until the Panorama Conference came up. Then, all of the sudden…India was Everywhere! 

There are two great movies that have recently been on the Big Screen. Disney's "Million Dollar Arm". This great movie is about a sports agent who is down and out. He turns his success around by traveling to India and bringing back two young Indian boys who are Cricket players. He teaches them how to pitch and they go on to play baseball in the U.S. What a great family film!

The second, more recent flick is called "The Hundred Foot Journey". An Indian family re-locates to Europe after they loose their mother and wife to a fire that burns down the family restaurant. They buy a run down building in a lovely small town in France and start a restaurant just across the street (100 feet) from a very established Michelin Star French Restaurant. This is another "must see" family film.

With India on the brain, I was still pleasantly surprised to see the June 2014 J. Crew catalog come in the mail. Guess where it was photographed??? India!

Then, just the other day, I was up at Oak Hill School walking into the Enrichment Center and looked down…look what I saw! Who knew drainage grates were made in India! Too funny!

The list goes on. One of the things I have been told to buy in India are the gorgeous glass bangles they hand make there. I was leaving TJMaxx and something caught my eye…

Oh my word!  When I saw this in the check out line I decided I just needed to get out of there! I must be going India Crazy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa!!! Hilarious!! This happens to me, too!! I feel like they are all very small ways that God uses to awaken your soul to the possibilities in store and direct your focus to where He wants to lead you!! Love.

    ReplyDelete